The moon was photographed for 28 days in Sydney
Other News by This Author
Other News Sydney
In the Pacific, people were saved thanks to the SOS inscription on the sand
In the Pacific Ocean, three people were saved from a desert island thanks to the SOS inscription on the island's coast.
The men took a 42-kilometer boat trip last week from Puluwat to the Pulap Atolls in Micronesia.
The men lost their course and ran out of fuel, so they docked on the tiny uninhabited island of Lykelot. When the men did not arrive at their destination, rescuers were sent to look for them. After three hours of searching, a US Air Force plane spotted an inscription in the sand.
“Below we saw an island, an SOS sign and a boat right next to it on the beach. From there we called the Australian Navy because they had two helicopters nearby that could land on the island,” the pilot said.
Later, the helicopter successfully landed on the beach, delivering food and water and picking up the men.
A climber fell from the rock in Blue Mountains
A 57-year-old Sydney resident embarked to the Blue Mountains with two his friends for climbing in some touristic sights. And yesterday in the morning he fell off from the rock. Before the midday rescuers came, there were policemen and doctors. The man has been successfully saved and taken to the hospital. He received some serious injures, mostly breaks.
Police inform that the operation was pretty complicated because of the weather conditions. The temperature reached only 4 degrees, so it was quite rude. The alpinists spent the night in the nearest cave.
The fallen man is in hospital and nothing threatens his life.
Easing down of travel restrictions in NSW
Yesterday the Prime Minister of New South Wales announced that June 1 is the date of next wave of easing down the quarantine restrictions in the state. She said that some trips from other state to Sydney will be allowed in summer. The Premier added that this will help not only economy of the state, but whole Australia's economy, so she urged people to booking trips.Besides, libraries and museums will also be opened on with the beginning of the month.
Yesterday four new cases of infection with coronavirus were noticed in the state. Despite being the most stricken with the virus state, New South Wales is the first state which allowed trips from other states. 7000 cases have been here in general, but now number of the infected significantly differs, it is much smaller.
Other News Australia
Scientists from Australia have learned how to 3D print bone implants from human cells and place them in the human body
The technology reduces the risk of rejection and the patient's recovery time
The Australian government has decided to extend the international travel ban for another three months, until June 17
The decision came into force on March 3. The earlier ban expired on March 17, so the government decided to extend it.
The Minister explained the ban by the fact that the situation with COVID-19 abroad continues to pose an unacceptable risk to the health of the Australian population, including the emergence of more intense strains.
“The extension of the emergency period for another three months is aimed at reducing this risk to the health and safety of everyone,” the minister said.
Other world news
В Управлении Росгвардии по Чувашской Республики состоялся концерт, посвященный Дню войск национальной гвардии.
В преддверии Дня войск национальной гвардии Российской Федерации, который отмечается 27 марта, в Чебоксарах прошло торжественное мероприятие, посвященные 210-летию войск правопорядка и 5-летию Росгвардии.
«Вот уже 210 лет, вне зависимости от наименования: внутренняя стража, войска НКВД, внутренние войска, Росгвардия – военнослужащие и сотрудники войс правопорядка в любое время дня и ночи охраняют покой и безопасность граждан»,- открывая праздничный концерт, отметил врио начальника Управления Росгвардии по Чувашской Республике полковник полиции Николай Дмитриев.
Отличившимся сотрудникам и военнослужащим были вручены ведомственные награды, почетные грамоты и благодарности.
Среди гостей мероприятия были и представители средств массовой информации – призеры конкурса журналистских работ «На страже Приволжья», приуроченного к 40-летнему юбилею со Дня образования Приволжского округа войск национальной гвардии Российской Федерации.
Дипломы корреспондентам от имени командующего Приволжским округом ВНГ генерал-полковника Александра Порядина вручил врио начальника территориального управления полковник полиции Николай Дмитриев.
В завершении торжественного мероприятия военным оркестром «Волжские берега» совместно с вокальным ансамблем МВД по Чувашской Республике «Талисман», преподавателем Детской музыкальной школы Екатериной Петровой, солистами Мариной Закировой и Вячеславом Диком был дан праздничный концерт.
PM accused of questionable land dealings
Prime Minister Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila is accused of an unlawful transfer of state land and using the said land as collateral for bank loans not served.
Her family is also accused of threatening to force a San community off a farm on which they were legally resettled.
These startling allegations were made by Landless People's Movement (LPM) MP Henny Seibeb in parliament on 25 March 2021 when he asked for a response on these accusations from Minister of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform Calle Schlettwein.
Seibeb charged that Kuugongelwa-Amadhila's husband, Onesmus Amadhila, had taken loans of close to N$5.3 million and slightly more than N$1 million from Agribank for the purchase of the 2'476 hectare Portion 1 of Farm Duwid in the Otjozondjupa region.
He said these loans were granted despite Kuugongelwa-Amadhila having received a resettlement farm from the government.
Seibeb said Kuugongelwa-Amadhila then registered the resettlement farm – which is state land – in her own name or that of a company co-owned by her and her husband, Seize the Moment Investment Fifty Six CC.
The Amadhila family is further accused of having occupied a farm on which Hai//om San community members have been resettled, and have two to three years ago threatened the Hai//om and attempted to force them off the farm.
Moreover, said Seibeb, the Amadhila family has also taken loans of N$8 million from Bank Windhoek and N$7 million from Nedbank Namibia respectively, but are allegedly unable to repay these loans.
He said the family is now allegedly forcing the lands ministry to buy Farm Duwid and another undisclosed farm from them at “premium prices” to repay the loans at the two commercial banks.
Kuugongelwa-Amadhila has not yet responded to questions sent to her office.
Schlettwein is expected to respond to the allegations on 1 April.
Prime Minister Saara Kuugongelwa-Amadhila. Image: AFP
The price of water
Minister of Agriculture, Water, and Land Reform Calle Schlettwein said local authorities owe water state utility, NamWater, a whopping N$1,5 billion.
Government has relaxed regulations since March 2020 with the onset of Covid-19 cases in Namibia and kept taps open despite outstanding payments.
However, Schlettwein said NamWater will now insist on payments to recover costs incurred in the production and provision of water services.
The provision of water is not subsidised by the state.
“It is not our policy to cut off services but NamWater has the mandate to enforce payment,” Schlettwein said.
He was responding to questions by United Democratic Front (UDF) MP Dudu Murorwa who claimed that water tariffs are pushed up due to transport costs, while this is not the case for diesel or petrol pricing.
Schlettwein disputed the claim that fuel prices are not affected by transport costs.
Murorwa also wanted to know what impacts the price of water.
Schlettwein explained that there are two tariffs charged to consumers, one from NamWater and the other imposed by local authorities.
The tariffs are based on the full cost recovery of water supplied.
NamWater years ago claimed that it does not charge for water, but instead for the installation and maintenance of water infrastructure.
Schlettwein said NamWater's tariff determination includes factors such as the economic situation, social equity, affordability, and access. Punitive tariffing is also used to discourage water wastage of the perpetually scarce resource.
Tariff increments are approved by Cabinet and are requested annually.
“The aim is to ensure that NamWater remains financially sustainable in the long run, and enabled to implement its capital projects and operational activities with sustainable levels of external borrowing,” Schlettwein said.
NamWater charges desalinated water based on cost by ORANO - the uranium mine in the Erongo region – which is calculated on production costs of the plant capacity rather than the actual water supplied.
Surrounding mines pay the ORANO production costs plus transfer costs to NamWater.
Raw water is mostly charged to irrigation farmers at schemes, which is quite low because of their proximity to water sources.
The water regulator established in the ministry in June 2017 as the body to determine fees and tariffs has so far been dormant because the development of the Water Act Regulations are not yet finalised.