Extinction Rebellion protests oversteppe Sydney
Recently Extinction Rebellion has started protests all over Australia, they protest against the climate change and the government's idleness about that. Yesterday about 100 people were arrested all around the country, because of clutter, they have created. Police said, any disruption to transport, roads and members of the public is unacceptable.
So far the activists' actions in Sydney have interfered only into road traffic. But today police has found out they are going to target a railway network and said it must not be any proplems with the timetable. Assistant Commissioner Mick Willing asked the activists not to interfere into city-dwellers' lives and not to cause problems with traffic. Extinction Rebellion participants say, it won't be any disruption, most likely people will get on the train and speak about the ecology. Since Monday 40 people in Sydney have been arrested and new arests are possible.
Other News by This Author
People, who live in the Otto building in Rosebery were warned, that balconies in their appartments may havesome flaws. It is advised not to be there fore more than 3 persons and not to lean on a property's railings. Buildings by Icon Co., the company-creator of Otto building, exist less than 5 years, and residents have already axpressed their concerns abot the quality of houses. By the way, Icon Co. is the company, which has built the Opal Tower at Sydney's Olympic Park, which began forminf fractures before Christmas. The residents were evacuated by force. David Chandler, appointed building commissioner in New South Wales, expressed his disturbance by the quality of built houses and promised to fix all the flaws.
Nevertheless, the company informed, that the Otto building is completely safe, according to their documents. They also added, that there were found no safety issues during the building and certification. In spite of this, experts say, radical changes are need in building and construction industry to avoid future troubles.
Other News Sydney
According to the reports, a 27-year old man has been stabbed in a western Sydney skate park following some arguments with four people. The police said in the statement that the man was at the Endeavour Avenue park in St Clair. Four people approached him, and they have little chat with him.
After some time they all left and left the man stabbed. The man was treated by the paramedics at the scene for the multiple wounds and then moved to the Westmead Hospital in stable condition. The identity of the four people who stabbed the man is still unknown. The investigation is going on, and the police are searching for clues that may lead to the suspects.
The Salvation Army is now $.392 million richer after a young couple bought one of the properties they own in Sydney. The run-down home consists of four bedrooms, and it is located property at 10 Thames Street in Balmain. Around 2 dozen people took part in the auction on a rainy morning.
There were 198 auctions listed for the day which is considered a quieter weekend partly due to the NRL grand final and Labour Day long weekend. By the evening the Domain group sold 136 properties with a record of 75% clearance. The home was built in 1863 1863 by local architect James McDonald, who later became Balmain mayor and six parties bid on the property. AuctionWorks auctioneer Karen Harvey said that the property managed to attract a lot of attention due to its rarity, size and location.
Other News Australia
44 year old cecurity company boss Harry Korras avoided spending time in jail by admitting, he had taken part in machination in the Australian Taxation Office. Korras security company, co-founder of ACG Security, avoided the payment of ATO funds for 4 years (2011-2014) by employing two subcontractors who pay their employees tax-free cash. Some workers considered, they had been employed by ACG Security, but, actually, they were employed by those subcontractors. ACG Security was bought by Spotless, and Korras worked there as an event manager for touring celebrities and a consultant. County Court of Victoria Judge Douglas Trapnell today informed, that Korras had not brought about the tax evasion scheme. But he pretended, he couldn't see it, leading the judge to believe his moral accountability remained high.
The judge took into account that Corras pays the money back to the ATO in full and the care that he provides to his mother, who for a long time struggled with health problems. He sentenced Korras to two and a half years in prison, with the right to be amnestied.
In 1997 Peter Dupas killed a 95 year old woman Kathleen Downes in a Melbourne aged care facility. The killer has been in jail till now and had to face the court at the end of October, but today Dupas's case was closed. A judge in the Supreme Court said, it is not a justification and the killer can be accused again at any time. Dupas' lawyer, one of the main witnesses in the prosecution's case, can't be interviewed, because of his serious illness. Once he described the killer as one of the worst psychopaths, who can commit any crime. Mrs Downes' family is, of course, disappointed by decision of the court, bit is thankful to police and prosecutors. Kathleen Downes was found killed on December 31 in the pool of blood near her bed, she lived in the Nursing Home since 1989.