A penthouse in Sydney became Australia's Sydney
A splendid penthouse, located on top of a sparkling new apartment building in Sydney, broke the record for Australia's most expensive house. The main penthouse of One Sydney Harbor, as well as the sub-penthouse directly below it, was sold to local buyers for an impressive amount of $140 million. The mystery shopper will probably make a two-story penthouse, which also overcame the barrier of $100,000 per square meter, while the additional floor will be used as separate residential premises.
Of the nine bedrooms of a stunning home, the spacious master bedroom is larger than most urban apartments. Its eight-meter high ceilings create an atmosphere of grandeur, while you will not miss the backyard with a penthouse, which also has its own rooftop pool, gym and spa.
Other News by This Author
Tomorrow morning the first non-stop flight from NYC to Sydney on a commercial airliner is going to depart. Qantas, the biggest air company in the country, informed, that it redirected the Boeing Dreamliner to launch its first test flight, which is expected to take from 19 to 20 hours. There will be only 50 passengers and the crew on board the aircraft, which will check some airplane's features, for example, sleep monitoring. The plane will fly from New York on Saturday morning and will land in Sydney on Sunday morning approximately. Qantas also said, they are going to start another flight in 2022.
A man was accused in drug offenses, including cocaine shipments. Police said, they would say in the court that the man took part in the supply of large amount of cocaine for commercial purposes several times between July and October this year. He was denied bail, and today he was to appear before the Fairfield Local Court. Around 1:15 PM on Wednesday, a third search warrant was executed together with South Australian police in a house in Greenacre. A 40-year-old woman was arrested and taken to police. The officers seized some drugs, allegedly cocaine and drug-related items.
An application for her extradition to South Australia will be filed with a local Bankstown court to indict the alleged distribution of cocaine. In South Australia, there were other arrests, such as a 39-year-old man from New South Wales, who was charged with seven worsened drug charges. It was alleged that he would appear before the court of Adelaide Magistrate, along with a 46-year-old man accused in four charges of drug trafficking. A 30-year-old man was charged on two counts of drug smuggling. He was released on bail and was due to appear on Adelaide Magistrate's Court on December 4.
SA chief police inspector Tony Cremeri said, that the criminals cannot use state borders without avoiding arrest.
The New South Wales State Police Organized Crime Unit commander, Acting Police Inspector Damien Bofils, said these arrests are a great example of how an interagency criminal response can be extremely working.
In 2018, independent gasoline sellers offered consistently lower fuel prices than their larger competitors. Data compiled by the Australian Competition and Consumer Protection Commission shows that motorists could save up to $ 350 - or $ 275 million - last year if they instead dodged major brands and chose independent retailers. ACCC Chairman Rod Sims informs, that independent chains were the lowest-priced retailers in all eight (metropolitan) cities, while Coles Express was the lowest-priced retailer in almost every city,
In the ACCC report says, that retailers meet front to front in three distinct categories: supermarket chains (Woolies and Coles), marketing processors (BP and Caltex), and key independents (7-Eleven and United). Woolworths was, in the supermarket chain, average 3.5% cheaper than Coles Express, resulting in a 6% difference in Sydney. Caltex was consistently cheaper than BP, but only 0.9% on average in Australia. In the battle between the two largest independent retailers, United came out on top, becoming cheaper more than 3% in all eight major cities.
According to ACCC, the best way to find cheaper petrol is using fuel price comparison apps.
Other News Sydney
A tourist made an alarming discovery when she picked a discarded plastic bottle to throw in dustbin on Sydney’s Brighton-Le-Sands beach. The police said in the report that when the tourist spotted the camera in a plastic water bottle to film mothers and sisters on a beach, she called the police. Michelle Montcourt, from Mexico, was the one who found the camera while sunbathing on the south end of the beach.
She said he threw a water bottle behind her and walked away. When she picked the bottle to throw in a dustbin, she saw him running off. At this time, she noticed the camera. St George Police has confirmed receiving the complaint and said that the investigation is underway. The device seems to be made by a professional.
The upcoming proposed flight from New York to Sydney will be first of its kind as it is going to be a 20-hour nonstop flight. The pilots have to undergo many tests, including urine samples and brain monitoring, to test fatigue levels. According to the reports, Boeing and Airbus are still developing aircrafts modifications required for such a long flight with a full payload.
Qantas is going to test Boeing 989-9 flight between New York to Sydney for the first time. The main question here if such a long flight is bearable or not. The Australian airline wants to see what are the possibilities of such flights under its Project Sunrise. It is going to be a 10000 miles trip which will take off on Friday night from New York and lands on Sunday morning Local Time in Australia.
The organizers have to look for a new location for multi-day events as the City of Sydney Council has banned significant events at Hyde Park from next year. Sydney Festival and Night Noodle Markets are the two most prominent events that take place at this Park, and now they have to look for another venue. The event organizers have promised that the events will take place in the center of Sydney, and they are working on the replacement venue.
City of Sydney lord mayor Clover Moore said in a statement that the Park has to stay available for public all year round, and this is the main reason behind the ban. She said the Park is a heritage site, and it has to be maintained carefully. The Night Noodle Markets were taking place at the same venue for the last 16 years and attracted close to 400,000 people last year.
Other News Australia
The journalist Charles Brice, who was paralyzed by a motorcycle accident nearly 10 years ago, did a grandiose drive with a manual drive to raise money for research on spinal injuries. Early in the morning, he arrived at Victoria Adelaide’s park in his modified pedal-driven car, receiving encouraging feedback from expecting relatives and friends. Brice said, it was hard drive, he is exhausted but happy, because of his family and relatives' support. He drove 300 km with other drivers, the same distance he took from the place of accident to Adelaide's hospital in 2010. He was injured hardly after the crash, s a result he got severed spinal cord and broken neck and lost the opportunity to walk. Brice spent 2 months in the hospital and more than a year in rehabilitation, and the doctors told him that he would begin to paralyze.
A squad of riders reached the finish line at Victoria Park in Adelaide this afternoon, and the trip raised over $ 70,000. Brice hopes that money can help with research that can help him and other people walk again.
Three men are struggling to survive after two of them were allegedly stabbed with a weapon of unknown origin, and the third was bashed with a hammer. According to the reports, emergency services reached two homes on Lytton Road in Hemmant in Brisbane's east at around 3 AM on Saturday and found four injured men. The paramedics took two fo them to Princess Alexandra Hospital as they were in critical condition. One of them suffered shoulder injuries while others suffered from abdominal injuries. The third man was taken to Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital.
The officials said that he has been hit on the head with a hammer and is fighting for his life. The fourth one is now in stable condition with abdominal injuries. The police said that they are investigating the matter.
According to the reports, the police had charged an Iraqi national over smuggling venture, which resulted in the deaths of 350 people when one of his boats sank in International waters in 2001. The 43-year-old man was taken into custody at Brisbane Airport on Friday. He will be extradited to New Zealand. He was taken to court before Brisbane Magistrate on Saturday and was sent to remand till October 31st.
The police said that he is a part of a syndicate that took payments from the passengers and promised them to send them to Indonesia. They also promised them accommodation and transport. However, the boat carrying hundreds of people sank in the international waters before they could reach the destination. According to the police, he will be presented in court on 31st October.
Other world news
Central Home Minister emergency landing
Home Minister Amit Shah was about to address a rally in Ahmednagar , but in the afternoon due to the sudden worsening of the weather his helicopter emergency landed at Ozar Airport
Voting for the assembly elections on 288 seats in Maharashtra is scheduled on October 21, due to which the election campaign is going on in full swing.But Mumbai has been raining in many areas since morning, due to which the weather is going bad. In this connection, Minister Amit Shah was going to address a rally in Ahmednagar by the BJP, the weather suddenly changed . Due to the change, at 2:30 in the afternoon, his helicopter was emergency landed at Ozar Airport. After spending about 40 minutes here, he again left for Ahmednagar
Shah, while addressing a rally at Nawapur in Nandurbar district of North Maharashtra, had said that BJP and Narendra Modi, when they came to power for the first time, ended Kala Dhan by taking bold steps like notbandi, the second time after coming to power , they work has abolished article 370. This article gave special status to Jammu and Kashmir. With which it was different from other states of India..
Maharashtra state chief minister has assured the account holders that their money will remain safe, they are trying to find options of merging PMC with another bank.
There is a total scam of Rs 4,355 crores in PMC bank, the loan was given to HDIL directors which were kept hidden by the PMC manager from the regulatory body i.e RBI.
Fadnavis said that the state government cannot give revival package to the bank and it is under the jurisdiction of the RBI, He as spoken with Prime minister and finance minister about this issue and he will look into this matter once the election gets over.
When Fadnavis was asked about the action taken by the state government he said that police have arrested five accused and have seized properties worth Rs 3,500 crore. The state and central government can auction this asset and pay the account holder's money back.
Shehryar Afridi , Minister of State for Narcotics Control said on Saturday that witnesses ' lives in the drug case Rana Sanaullah may be in danger and asked Lahore High Court (LHC) to move the case to Rawalpindi or keep the court in jail.
The minister also requested the Punjab Inspector General (IG) to provide security to the witnesses in the high-profile case while speaking to the media in Islamabad. He further said there should be frequent hearing of the drugs case against the chief of the PML-N.
In July this year, Sanaullah was arrested by the Lahore team of the Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) while traveling from Faisalabad to Lahore. The ANF had allegedly recovered from his vehicle 15 kilograms of heroin, a claim denied by Sanaullah.
"With 15 kilograms of heroin, Rana Sanaullah was trapped in black. There are witnesses and evidence against the president of the PML-N. Statements under Section-342 have been registered, "the minister said during the press conference.
"The source of income for Sanaullah is also undisclosed. He hasn't even reported his wealth. Where has he received billions of rupees from?"Afridi's asked.