Students sing sexist songs publicly Melbourne
On Saturday morning some students from St. Kevin College loudly sang a song, which has been called 'offensive' in Melbourne tram. A woman has dilmed and shared it in the social media. The video shows, that boys in school uniform sing a sexist song. The director of the college said, the singers will be disciplined. In a statement, school principal Stephen F. Russell said the school apologized for the group’s actions, calling them 'offensive'.
The woman who filmed the vision, who called herself Melanie, said that the behavior occurred in front of other elderly passengers, young women and children and adds, it was disgusting. The incident occurred a few days before the 12th year students of the Victorian Academy began their final exams.
“As long as women and girls are considered less equal than men and boys, disrespect and violence against women will continue,” says Patty Kinnersly, the chief executive of domestic violence charity Our Watch.
Other News by This Author
Usual using of one or two bins for garbage will be changed. The project director at Infrastructure Victoria says, that it's needed to have sorted litter, as glass breaks, paper and cardboard get tiny particles of glass in it, so it's very difficult to extract material, which can be recycled. She adds, earlier we could ignore it, but now it is turning into global crisis. Now people should use six or more bins to solve recycling crisis in Victoria. Since China had refused to recieve litter from the other countries, Victorian garbage just was on at landfills, creating risk of fire. Also, the government urge people to use organic waste product in 'energetic' goals, that is already happening in Australia, and to use more recycled products, than new single-used plastic.
The police was going half an hour, while a grandfather risked his life, fighting off armed robbers in his family's bottle shop. One worker is injured. Eddie Sawan's brother was standing outside their Doveton store counter yesterday when five men stormed in demanding money. When his brother pressed the alarm, the Sawan came running in his defense.
64-year-old grandfather managed to grab one of the men in a hat, and the rest fled from the store. He tried to keep the man until the police arrived, but the others returned, this time armed with wooden sticks. Mr. Sawan's brother said it was like a war going on in a store when bottles were scattered in both directions, breaking glass everywhere. It was the third time, the store is attacked. The robbers succeded to flee.
Other News Melbourne
Josie Gonzalez, was a qualified lawyer, who once worked for a prestigious company in Melbourne, but is now in jail for catching $ 17.4 million in fraud. Together with her 51-year-old husband-lawyer Alvaro Gonzalez, she developed a scheme to deceive her employer in an insurance company, using fake invoices to pay for legal services, including for lawyers who had never heard of the business. Between March 2011 and June 2013, she sent more than 428 false accounts to Dale Australia from Jaag Lawyers, a company named after herself.
But the judge Paul Lacava said that today the company has neither offices nor customers. The couple pleaded no guilty to 14 charges of financial gain by fraud, but was convicted by the jury earlier this year.
The jury would never agree with their defense that the bill was $ 17.4 million. The United States targeted the actual legal services provided by such associates in just two years. He did not say that there was no regret for their insult, and despite the fact that the money was fully repaid, they did not apologize. He ordered her to spend at least seven years in a nine-year and six-month prison term. Alvaro Gonzalez will be eligible for parole after five years of his seven and a half years. Judge Lacava said the punishment included some mercy for the sake of their two little daughters, who would grow up with both parents.
For almost two hours, Malaysian Airlines passengers from Melbourne to Sri Lanka thought they would die because Manodh Marks was threatening to blow up a plane. Actually, he had no real bomb, only some devices with flashing blue lights. The plane landed within 15 minutes, but it took 40 minutes for security to arrive, and passengers had to stay on board for almost 90 minutes.
A 25-year-old man was imprisoned last year for up to 12 years, and he's going to serve at least nine years before deportation to his hometown of Colombo after pleading guilty to trying to seize or control the plane. But now he hopes that this offer will be canceled so that he can return immediately. His lawyer doesn't agree, that it is possible that Marks will be sentenced again without imprisonment. Marks had just been released from the psychiatric ward before he boarded the plane and made a terrible decision.
Marks took drugs before boarding the plane, but he had already had residual psychiatric symptoms. According to the lawyer, a sentence without imprisonment does not completely go beyond the range that was available to Country Court Judge Michael McInerney. Three judges review the appeal and agree with the prosecution but it isn't a final yet.
Other News Australia
A splendid penthouse, located on top of a sparkling new apartment building in Sydney, broke the record for Australia's most expensive house. The main penthouse of One Sydney Harbor, as well as the sub-penthouse directly below it, was sold to local buyers for an impressive amount of $140 million. The mystery shopper will probably make a two-story penthouse, which also overcame the barrier of $100,000 per square meter, while the additional floor will be used as separate residential premises.
Of the nine bedrooms of a stunning home, the spacious master bedroom is larger than most urban apartments. Its eight-meter high ceilings create an atmosphere of grandeur, while you will not miss the backyard with a penthouse, which also has its own rooftop pool, gym and spa.
The journalist Charles Brice, who was paralyzed by a motorcycle accident nearly 10 years ago, did a grandiose drive with a manual drive to raise money for research on spinal injuries. Early in the morning, he arrived at Victoria Adelaide’s park in his modified pedal-driven car, receiving encouraging feedback from expecting relatives and friends. Brice said, it was hard drive, he is exhausted but happy, because of his family and relatives' support. He drove 300 km with other drivers, the same distance he took from the place of accident to Adelaide's hospital in 2010. He was injured hardly after the crash, s a result he got severed spinal cord and broken neck and lost the opportunity to walk. Brice spent 2 months in the hospital and more than a year in rehabilitation, and the doctors told him that he would begin to paralyze.
A squad of riders reached the finish line at Victoria Park in Adelaide this afternoon, and the trip raised over $ 70,000. Brice hopes that money can help with research that can help him and other people walk again.