Security boss is accused in tax fraud sc Melbourne
44 year old cecurity company boss Harry Korras avoided spending time in jail by admitting, he had taken part in machination in the Australian Taxation Office. Korras security company, co-founder of ACG Security, avoided the payment of ATO funds for 4 years (2011-2014) by employing two subcontractors who pay their employees tax-free cash. Some workers considered, they had been employed by ACG Security, but, actually, they were employed by those subcontractors. ACG Security was bought by Spotless, and Korras worked there as an event manager for touring celebrities and a consultant. County Court of Victoria Judge Douglas Trapnell today informed, that Korras had not brought about the tax evasion scheme. But he pretended, he couldn't see it, leading the judge to believe his moral accountability remained high.
The judge took into account that Corras pays the money back to the ATO in full and the care that he provides to his mother, who for a long time struggled with health problems. He sentenced Korras to two and a half years in prison, with the right to be amnestied.
Other News by This Author
The Extinction Rebellion movement, a socio-political movement that uses non-violent methods to oppose climate changes, is going to do a 'spring rebellion' around Melbourne from October 7 till 11. They have already set a tent in Carlton Gardens and near the State Parliament. The activists said, they are going to create disruption in Melbourne. Police, in renurn, informed, they will arrest anyone, who violates calm in the city.
Spokeswoman Jane Morton clarifies, that it is the only way to appeal to the government to listen about what is happening with climate. She also says, they are ready to be arrested because of disruption. Police said, the Extinction Rebellion has a right to strike, but the city dwellers have a right to move freely around the city. Environment Victoria gas supported the activists. They say, their actions are understandable in such times, when the politicians do nothing to improve the ecological situation.
Rockbank and Mount Cottrell are the Melbourne ouskirts with only 3000 people living there. But it was earlier. The state government projections indotm, that in next two decades the population of these two districts is going to increase twentyfold. Mount Cottrel and Rockbank are expected to be a home for 65 000 people. In Melbourne’s West, Wyndham Vale, Werribee West, Werribee South, Tarneit and Point Cook South are probably will double in size, along with Hillside, in Melbourne’s north-west. Such a forecast made lots of experts anxious about the infrastructure of the outskirts, whether they are ready for a population boom.
Cranbourne South, Cranbourne East, Bunyip/Garfield and Beaconsfield/Officer are going to be the fastest-growing districts in Melbourne's South-East. Since 2014 the population of Cranbourne East has doubled and will be doubled again by 2036. The department’s demographer, David Sykes, informed the projections were calculated using expert knowledge and trend analysis to estimate the future size, composition and distribution of the population. Melbourne itself is continuing growing due to the high building density in the coming years.
Other News Melbourne
In 1997 Peter Dupas killed a 95 year old woman Kathleen Downes in a Melbourne aged care facility. The killer has been in jail till now and had to face the court at the end of October, but today Dupas's case was closed. A judge in the Supreme Court said, it is not a justification and the killer can be accused again at any time. Dupas' lawyer, one of the main witnesses in the prosecution's case, can't be interviewed, because of his serious illness. Once he described the killer as one of the worst psychopaths, who can commit any crime. Mrs Downes' family is, of course, disappointed by decision of the court, bit is thankful to police and prosecutors. Kathleen Downes was found killed on December 31 in the pool of blood near her bed, she lived in the Nursing Home since 1989.
White supremacist group is going to have a concert in some secret place in Melbourne. A petition with 28 000 signatures tried to urge the government to forbid this today, but the Prime Minister says, there is no law to do it, so they are probably will change laws. One of the groups, that organizes this event is 'Blood & Honour' was classified as a terror group this year by Canada. The government can't do anything yet. At the same time Minister Andrews says, that anti-Semitism is unacceptable and such events are shameful. Anyway, anti-Semitic moods are growing. The Hammerskins, whit supermacist group's music festival is forbiden in many countries in Europe. Here, in Australia it is still allowed, despite all the requires to stop it. The Premier says, he works with Jewish organization at changing laws and stopping hate.
Dr. Abramovich fron the Anti-Defamation Commission says, that music festival is the most effective way to inspire people to hate and to be ready to kill. He adds, such groups constitute threat for our society. Abiola Ajetomobi from the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre says, this is unacceptable in Victoria, where migration is of the pillars that has built the community.
Other News Australia
The Melbourne Cup won in 2017 by Irish-trained horse Rekindling has been stolen yesterday from the Houdini's café e cucina on the Calder Highway. The burglars break the cafe open and wriggled into it at night. The police said, the thieves have stolen not only the Cup, but all the cash and the cash register. The Cup is a replica, one of those, which are handed to numerous winning owners of horses. Anyway, its price is more than 20 000 dollars. The original belongs to Lloyd Williams and costs approximately 150 000 dollars. Melton Crime Investigation Unit detectives are pursuing inquiry and are going to interview every witness or anyone, who had seen some suspicious personalities in the district.
In February 2016 a bus driver Jack Aston crashed the bus and drove into a famous Montague Street Bridge with a low clearance. in Melbourne. Aston had dropped off the passengers at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, and drove 14 others to the hotel, when the accident happened. Six people were injured. So, in last December he was commited to the jail for five years and three months. But it turned out, that the driver was accused for much stricter charges, than he deserved. So, Aston lawyers won appeal, and his family is preparing for the driver's coming home. Moreover Aston's lawyer said, he had no idea about the bridge or its 'notoriety' before his trip from Ballarat to Melbourne. Now rubber flaps are installed at the bridge to warn drivers about its 'feature'