Transport problems in Adelaide Adelaide
Transport problems in Adelaide
After having eased down the quarantine restrictions in South Australia the government faced new problems. This is a problem of public transport. Photos of overcrowded buses and trams in Adelaide appeared in a social media, and the government is caring for absence of social distancing which can increase coronavirus spread in the state.
The Premier had already told earlier that they will return to usual schedule for public transport in the city to avoid crowds in buses, the same was with Adelaide Metro, however, it did not work.
Health Minister advised people to avoid public transport, if they are afraid of infection. Though the government say they see sufficient number of trams in the streets, experts advise them to create some substituting buses.
Other News by This Author
A kickboxer punched a woman and stole her car
A 26-year-old man, named Bryan Geoffrey Hasse, was a professional kickboxer in South Australia, but sport is not his main achievement. Two years ago a man robbed a jewelry and was sentenced to getting behind bars. Later, more specifically 2 years ago, he stole a car at the parking after having punched a woman, she was a newlywed.
Recently it has become known that Hasse shared his plans with his cellmate, he said he was an international crook and was proud of it. He allegedly planned three great robberies and to flee abroad after it.
Hasse has been sentenced to being in Adelaide's prison before sending him to New South Wales's one again. It is known that Hasse was once a WBC champion in kickboxing.
Last infected person recovered in SA
The Prime Minister of South Australia told yesterday that the last person which was infected with coronavirus has recovered, and no new cases of infection have not been noticed for a week. Health Minister adds, however, that pandemic is not over, and every resident should keep to social distancing and hygienic rules.
Meanwhile, about 76 000 people in SA have been tested this week, the government everyone who has any symptoms to be tested.
South Australia is now the state with the best results in fight with COVID-19. It also has the lowest restrictions, the Premier said they were going to ease them down again this week. On Monday some of them were eased down.
Police investigate death in hospital which can be killing
A 54-year-old woman with cerebral palsy was living in the suburb of Adelaide and was treated in one hospital. Recently she has died because of complications in her disease and malnutrition. Police was asked to investigate this case as there was a suspicion of killing the woman on purpose.
The woman lived alone and was sitting in the chair even without rising from it and had no food at home. Her custodian's office was checked by police and they are prepapring for arrests. The question is how could patient feel so bad and live in such bad conditions while being treated in the Royal Hospital. Police are investigating the case.
Other News Adelaide
Chase with police in Adelaide
Yesterday in the evening a couple of 34-year-old woman and a 26-year-old man stole a car with a 70-year-old woman in the centre of Adelaide. It is known that the couple threatened the woman and then stabbed her. Police was called to the place and started a chase. After leaving a car, the woman got on her own car and drove away. However, after 6 PM both were caught and arrested.
The 70-year-old had numerous knife injures and was taken to the hospital, but, fortunately, she was alive and stable. And the couple will face the court today. Police are investigating the happened and say this was not an accidental occasion.
In that very evening another car accident happened, two cars smashed. A mother and her child had some injures and were taken to the hospital.
Real estate agent deceived the 70-year-old
8 years ago a real estate agent from Adelaide Zane Pitt found a 70-year-old man who allegedly wanted to sell his property. It was a house outside Adelaide which is estimated of 260 000 dollars. The man had been living there for all his life until his wife died. Pitt persuaded the man to sell the house almost 90 000 dollars cheaper than it was, saying house should be renowned anyway. The man had not enough knowledge and experience in such business, so sold his house and was forced to move to the retirement village.
Meanwhile, the real estate agent's daughter sold the house much more expensive, for about 700 000 dollars.
The court will decide on the fine which Pitt will have to pay soon. It can be the biggest one - 220 000 dollars.
A man panicked and ran over policeman's foot
Two years ago in January a 22-year-old man was stopped by a policeman in the Southern part of Adelaide. Then he had no driving license and panicked to pass the breathing test. The policeman tried to take his keys away, but the driver started moving and ran over policeman's foot. The officer received serious injures then. The driver pleaded guilty. After the accident the hurt policeman said that he started thinking to leave his work as a policeman, because of such incidents.
Yesterday a 24-year-old now driver faced the court in Adelaide. He will be sentenced of Friday.
Other News Australia
Help for international students
Coronavirus pandemic in Victoria has heavily damaged economy of the state, as well as financial state of people. So, the government decided to support both in this difficult situation. The Prime Minister announced they had created vouchers for international students in Melbourne. They will be able to use them at Queen Victoria Market. By this they will stimulate trading sphere of Victorian economy.
The Premier said that international students are one of those who suffered the most, lots of them lost their jobs and receive too small help from the government, so by this little support they could help them somehow.
Melbourne is a city which has always been desirable for students from other countries, and it must remain such a hospitable place for them even now, according to the government.
More closed establishments in Melbourne
Coronavirus situation in Victoria is not still as stable as in other countries. One home for elderly in Melbourne has been closed due to one suspicion of infection with COVID-19. One member of it had some symptoms, and after their finding everyone was self-isolated and will be tested for coronavirus in a few days. Director of the establishment says they do not want to create similar to Sydney Newmarch house situation. However, it is still unknown, if that one suspected was actually infected
In general, eight new cases of infection have been found in the state today.
Meanwhile, more McDonald's restaurants in the North of Melbourne have been closed due to finding of one infected employee in the city. But experts say the restaurant were closed because of unnecessary caution.
Transport changes in NSW
The Prime Minister of New South Wales told about recent transport changes in the state and especially in Sydney. From now on most commuters will have to give up buses, trams and other public transport. It has happened due to social distancing. Despite easing down the quarantine restrictions, the government created such a law.
Sydney will be more fit for personal cars and other vehicles, according to the Premier. Firstly, parkings will be cheaper and more affordable in general. There will be also more bike lanes in the city.
Only 12 people will be accepted in one bus, everyone must keep to social distancing of 1.5 meters. Police have no rights to fine people for violating it, but the government urges people to being responsible. The Premier also asked to drive not in a rush hour, if possible.
Other world news
Veľký návrat detí do škôl a škôlok: Ktorí žiaci zasadnú v júni do lavíc? - Dnes24.sk
Pri nástupe do školy a škôlky musí rodič predložiť vyhlásenie o tom, že dieťa nemá príznaky nákazy koronavírusom a nemá nariadenú karanténu.
AktualizovanéVera o 17:43Zo Slovenska Pri nástupe do koly a kôlky musí rodi predloi vyhlásenie o tom, e diea nemá príznaky nákazy koronavírusom a nemá nariadenú karanténu. Zdroj: TASR Od 1. júna 2020 sa otvoria kôlky aj triedy na prvom stupni základných kôl. Starí iaci zostanú doma. Informoval o tom premiér Igor Matovi na pondelkovej tlaovej konferencii, kde predstavil 4. fázu uvoovania opatrení. Nie kadý Dochádzka nebude povinná a rodiia sa sami rozhodnú, i diea do koly polú. Minister kolstva, vedy, výskumu a portu Branislav Gröhling (SaS) uviedol, e návrat do kôl bude sprevádza viacero hygienických a bezpenostných opatrení. O tom, i sa kola alebo materská kola otvorí, rozhodne zriaovate. Rodiia budú môc s demi zosta doma, ak sa tak rozhodnú, povedal minister kolstva. iaci, ktorí nepôjdu do koly, a tí z vyích roníkov, teda iaci od 6. do 9. roníka, budú ma naalej ditanné vyuovanie. éf rezortu kolstva poznamenal, e zverejnený bude pomocný materiál k otváraniu materských a základných kôl. Matovi poznamenal, e základné umelecké koly môu vyuova individuálne, teda jedného iaka. Bliie podmienky, za akých sa bude kona vyuovanie, budú zverejnené v najbliích doch. Prednostne by sa mali do kôl prijíma deti rodiov v prvej línii a rodiov, ktorí musia fyzicky chodi do práce. Prísne opatrenia Otvára sa budú môc tátne, súkromné aj cirkevné koly, peciálne materské a peciálne základné koly do piateho roníka, a to na maximálne devä hodín denne. V kadej kole budú plati prísne hygienické opatrenia. Priestory budovy sa budú pred príchodom detí dezinfikova, deti si budú musie umýva ruky pod dohadom uiteliek a budú im mera teplotu. V skrinke budú musie ma náhradné rúko. Pri nástupe do koly a kôlky musí rodi predloi vyhlásenie o tom, e diea nemá príznaky nákazy koronavírusom a nemá nariadenú karanténu. V kôlkach bude môc by v jednej skupine maximálne 15 detí, v základnej kole ich bude maximálne 20, oznámil minister kolstva Branislav Gröhling (SaS) s tým, e väina aktivít sa bude odohráva vonku, ak to poasie dovolí. V budove kôlky kôlkári nebudú musie nosi rúka. koláci ho nebudú musie ma v prípade, ak budú s uiteom vo svojej skupine. Obnovi sa budú môc aj kolské druiny. o sa týka detských jasiel, Gröhling povedal, e ich otvorenie by sa mohlo taktie stihnú od 1. júna, ak nie, mono to bude o týde neskôr. kola v praxi Materské koly budú poda éfa rezortu kolstva otvorené najviac devä hodín denne, konkrétna prevádzka závisí od kapacít kôlky. Minister avizoval, e vytvorená skupina v materskej kole sa nebude meni, aj ke poet detí klesne, nebude dochádza k migrácii detí medzi jednotlivými skupinami. Riadite materskej koly zvái v prípade nízkych potov detí zmenu skupiny. Rezort kolstva odporúa, aby k zmene prilo a v nasledujúcom týdni po dosiahnutí nízkeho potu detí. Zamestnanci materských kôl poda svojho uváenia a moností zabezpeia dostatoné vzdialenosti medzi demi pri hrových aktivitách, vzdelávaní i oddychu. Zabezpeená bude aj dezinfekcia hraiek a priestorov. Rodi bude odovzdáva diea pri základnej kole. V materskej kole ho bude odovzdáva vnútri, má na to urený as desa minút, priblíil Gröhling. Fungova bude ranný zdravotný filter, teda pri vstupe do kôlky sa deom zmeria teplota a vydezinfikujú ruky. Deti pri pobyte v skupine v materských kolách nemusia ma rúka, zamestnancom sa odporúa nosenie rúok alebo ochranných títov, uvádza sa v pomocnom materiáli z dielne rezortu kolstva k otváraniu materských a základných kôl. Rodi má umiestni jedno rezervné rúko pre diea do jeho skrinky. V prípade základných kôl ministerstvo odporúa minimalizova stretávanie pred kolami i rozdeli príchod detí do asových úsekov. Rovnako ako v prípade detí v materských kolách aj deom v kolách sa bude pri príchode mera teplota a zabezpeená bude aj dezinfekcia rúk. V usmernení rezortu kolstva sa uvádza, e rodi má zabezpei pre svoje diea kadý de dve rúka a papierové jednorazové vreckovky. V prípade stravovania bude moné zabezpeova kolské stravovanie v benej podobe. Pre externých stravníkov musí ma kolská jedále zriadené výdajné okienko tak, aby sa eliminoval kontakt s internými stravníkmi, vyplýva z usmernenia rezortu kolstva. Zdroj: Ministerstvo vnútra SR
Single mom ineligible for unemployment benefits with reduced work hours
The working hours for many employees are reduced by the companies to cut operational costs. Chandler resident Constance Cates says that the company she works for reduced the number of hours to 20 hours per week for about 90% of employees and furloughed the other 10% workers.
She is a single mom of a 3-year-old who earns just enough not to meet the needs of unemployment benefits.
"My excessive earnings is like $40 a week," she said.
In Arizona, unemployed workers can receive the help of just $240 per week.
Arizona Department of Economic Security said that if a worker "earns over $30.50 a week, the Department will deduct each dollar in earnings over that amount from their weekly benefit amount. Individuals who receive at least $1 in Pandemic Unemployment Assistance will receive the additional $600 in Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation."
Unemployment attorney Nina Targovik said that if a worker is earning $240 or more per week-- regardless of working hours-- workers will not qualify to get unemployment insurance or the additional $600 CARES Act benefits.
And if a worker refuses to work, then they will be ineligible for the benefits altogether.
"I feel really overwhelmed right now," Cates said.
Cates said that she feels Overwhelmed and underemployed. She is now focusing on her little boy till then; she will figure out what's next. "I don't know what I'd do without him," she said.
Ben Avery Shooting Facility with new operational guidelines amide Coronavirus pandemic
The Ben Avery Shooting Facility reopened on Wednesday, but shooting range had issued some operational changes amide Coronavirus pandemic. This shooting field is located north of Phoenix near Anthem.
If you like shooting and want to come to the shooting range for some target practice, here are guidelines you have to follow.
- Make an online reservation for shooting: Now, you have to book an online appointment as no walk-in appointments are available. You can book for rifle and pistol shooting and the Clay Target Center. According to a news release from the Arizona Game and Fish Department, the bookings can be made based on hour increment as it includes a safety briefing, setup, cleanup, and 50 minutes of shooting. Online reservations can be made on www.azgfd.com/shooting/tempguidelines. Once booked, the bookings can't be cancelled or rescheduled.
- One Shooter per table: Each table should have only one Shooter and up to two firearms. The backbench is off-limits. There will be five family lanes for juniors, where they can shoot in adult supervision.
- No paper targets: Rifle and pistol shooting will be done on steel targets only without the use of paper targets.
To maintain social distancing their will be no personalized instruction for new shooters.
For more information, visit www.azgfd.com.