The driver, who killed a pedestrian want Adelaide
This year on June the driver Alexander Campbell has killed 15 year old pedestrian Sophia Naismith in Adelaide. The court has forbidden him to drive a car anymore. But recently Campbell's lawyer asked the court to change their decision and to allow the killer driving, because his wife, who drove him to and from work, is pregnant now and can do it no more. He added, thet neither drugs nor alcohol took place, whe the accident happened. But the asking was rejected, because Mr Campbell, according to prosecutors' words 'poor' driving history. He was charged for street-racing in 2010 and has been delievered with 18 expiation notices since 2002. The prosecutor says, police considers him threatening for the traffic. The judge gave Alexander Campbell an opportunity to drive only to his work. He is waited for in the court in January.
Other News by This Author
During the examinations, it became known, that more than 30 buildings in South Australia are not safety, one of those is The Mount Barker Medical Centre. One of the businessmen in Adelaide said his company is situated in the building with flammable aluminium cladding. The government keeps people in ignorance about safety of their houses and gives no comments. An audit has recently showed, that some houses in Adelaide need to be fixed immediately and also need money from the government to remove flammable claddings.
Infrastructure Minister Stephan Knoll, in return, refused to take money from the government and adds, that SA councils had to provide necessary steps for the residents' safety. The Council doesn't admit the houses dangerous for living in. Anyway, some other Councils succeeded in removing flammable claddings.
The councillor Phil Martin demands truth to be revealed by the government, and adds, it can't build public confidence hiding information.
Two years ago a weird fence with teddy bears was built by a radio host Andrew "Cosi" Costello.on one of South Australia's major regional highways. Some people didn't mind it, because it was sort of a landmark, someone complained, as DPTI has reduced allowed velocity for cars. Since its beginning, fence has grown up to the length of 1 km, as other people added new and new bears.
Today the builder of the fence shared in a social media a photo of a destroyed teddy-bear-fence. He said, he understoo d complaints about reducing speed, but criticize those actions. The attempt of fence's destruction had already taken place before, but now the bears are cut and thrown around. So, Costello installed cameras next to his fence and has now clear shots of the vandals.
Other News Adelaide
Bridgestone World Solar Challenge has arranged a racein Australia. More than 3000 students from different countries and schools will take part in he competition. The feature is, that participants will drive from Darwin to Adelaide by ecologically clean solar vehicle. By the way, the students by themselves created and tested the cars. Anyway, the vehicle is being checked by the BWSC Scientific Faculty, which guarantees safety for moving in Australia. Energy of the vehicle is enough for 50 hours driving, other energy will be received from the sun. The competition has started on October 13 at 7 AM near the Darwin government building. Such contests take place each two years.
There are 9 control stops between Adelaide and Darwin, where leader change and the participants can find out all the necessary information about their location, weather, and fix some car problems, if they take place. Every day the drivers stop their journeys at 5 PM and have some rest. After 3000 km the drive finishes in Victoria Square, right in the center of Adelaide. There you can see real celebration.
The Bridgestone World Solar Challenge allows people to find out more about solar vehicle, develop and create new transport, which is safe for our planet.
Other News Australia
54 year old woman Lina Di Falco put the law on Emirates airlines, as they refused to bring her some water during the flight from Melbourne on March 2015. It caused her fainting and hurting her leg. Di Falco's mother informs, the daughter feels constant pains in her ankle and doesn't allow her to go in for her favourite occupation. On the board Di Falco asked for enough water four times, but didn't get it, on her way to bathroom she felt dizzy and fainted. When she came back to Melbourne, her doctor confirmed a broken ankle. The woman demanded a compensation from Emirates, but has got rejection from the court. The injury made her unhappy, Lina says, she divorced and withdrew from friends because of it.
In September 2018 two brothers, Dominic, 28, and 25-year-old Sam Walker, and their friend Benjamin Fitt were celebrating Richmond's final victory over the Hawthorn at the MCG. These are Melbourne QC Tim Walker's sons, graduated from the Xavier College. They were intoxicated at the celebration and argued with two other elderly and drunk men, David Raeside and Len Tricarico, because of taxi. David Raeside received numerous kicks from Walkers, bleeding on the brain and broken facial bones. Tricarico broke his arm and needs now surgery on his wrist and expariences the post-traumatic stress disorder. The prosecutors say these men's behavior was absolutely unacceptable. The attack was so cruel, that now attackers can't watch the video of the fight.
The men admitted, they were guilty, but they may never be in jail, because of a plea deal between their lawyers and prosecutors. They have been charged for nine crimes, but a judge accepted only two. The father of attackers Tim Walker is behind this case, he gives the lawyers instructions and does everything for his sons not to be behind bars.