Salmonella in frozen food in South Austr Adelaide
Three cases of salmonellosis appeared in South Australians, who ate food of CORE Powerfoods frozen foods 2 dazs after the national recall. Fay Jenkins, Director of Food and Controlled Medicines at SA Health, said the reason people had not been warned by SA Health until today was that the recall was expired by Victoria and there were a lot of media outlets about it.
Last month, a similar frozen food supplier, Flagstaff’s frozen food, withdrew the food, and SA Health’s warning today was to eliminate confusion.
After confirming that all damaged stocks have been removed from the shelves throughout the state, SA Health asks people with CORE Powerfoods in the freezer on the indicated dates to throw them away or to bring them to the place of purchase to return money. Fifteen cases of salmonella associated with recall at the national level have been reported.