A paralyzed journalist drives again to r Adelaide
The journalist Charles Brice, who was paralyzed by a motorcycle accident nearly 10 years ago, did a grandiose drive with a manual drive to raise money for research on spinal injuries. Early in the morning, he arrived at Victoria Adelaide’s park in his modified pedal-driven car, receiving encouraging feedback from expecting relatives and friends. Brice said, it was hard drive, he is exhausted but happy, because of his family and relatives' support. He drove 300 km with other drivers, the same distance he took from the place of accident to Adelaide's hospital in 2010. He was injured hardly after the crash, s a result he got severed spinal cord and broken neck and lost the opportunity to walk. Brice spent 2 months in the hospital and more than a year in rehabilitation, and the doctors told him that he would begin to paralyze.
A squad of riders reached the finish line at Victoria Park in Adelaide this afternoon, and the trip raised over $ 70,000. Brice hopes that money can help with research that can help him and other people walk again.
Other News by This Author
A group of cyber-detectives from Adelaide took out a “hackathon" of missing persons, finding a large amount of information to investigate the police. There haven't been events like this in Australia yet, they were only in the US and Canada, there they helped to find missing people. It was attended by over 350 “ethical hackers” who gathered in 10 locations across the country to get information on 12 cases of colds in Australia. The Adelaide team found 97 new cases to be provided to the police for investigation. Team member Ben Cornish said social media provides the greatest opportunity to search for new information.
The commissioner Bruce Lander informs, that poor records at SA Health make it not easy to detect corruption. He had earlier confirmed about his confidence of corruption in the health system of South Australia and a bad documentation worsened its search. Earlier this year Mr Lander sent a letter to the Health Minister Stephen Wade, where he asks money for the researches of corruption, and says it damages administration in the health system. Mr Lander also said, he can help the agency recoup far more than the cost of the inquiry.
Treasurer Rob Lucas answered Lander, they have already provided ICAC with additional funding of $14.5 million and the government can't give them now more money for additional needs.
Other News Adelaide
Some Jonathan Bakewell killed and raped 20 year old Anne-Marie Culleton in 1988. He had been sentenced to spend th rest of his life behind bars, but in 2016 he came out of jail and was taken back after violating releasing conditions by using drugs. Now he's going to be free again and sent from Darwin to Adelaide, where his sick father lives.
His victim's sister is shocked because of the Court's desicion, she fought for a long time for Bakewell to be behind bars for all his life and now she's afraid of women's unsafety in the district, where the rapist will live. She says, Bakewell is a nightmare for every woman, he took drugs, when he killed Anne-Marie, and did it then again. In return, the Court considers Bakewell not dangerous for the community, as he was relatively quiet during parole and he will be regularly observed, because of his serious diseases: cancer and sclerosis.
On Sunday not far from the town of Sedan woman Deborah Pilgrim from Adelaide was missing after a party with her friends. She had been last seen at 6 AM. Deborah said, she had just gone for a walk and hadn't noticed, she lost her way. She thought, people would count, she was kidnapped or something loke that, so Deborah stayed at the same place. Mr Marriott, who owns a house there, watched the recording from his camera, and saw an inscription 'SOS' on the ground of his driveway. He called police, they found a jacket, belonging to Mrs Piligrim. Later police found the lady approximately 7 km grom the place of the party. The Constable said, a hufe area was observed, so it's wonderful result. Mrs Piligrim was sent home in good health.
Other News Australia
Three men are struggling to survive after two of them were allegedly stabbed with a weapon of unknown origin, and the third was bashed with a hammer. According to the reports, emergency services reached two homes on Lytton Road in Hemmant in Brisbane's east at around 3 AM on Saturday and found four injured men. The paramedics took two fo them to Princess Alexandra Hospital as they were in critical condition. One of them suffered shoulder injuries while others suffered from abdominal injuries. The third man was taken to Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital.
The officials said that he has been hit on the head with a hammer and is fighting for his life. The fourth one is now in stable condition with abdominal injuries. The police said that they are investigating the matter.
According to the reports, the police had charged an Iraqi national over smuggling venture, which resulted in the deaths of 350 people when one of his boats sank in International waters in 2001. The 43-year-old man was taken into custody at Brisbane Airport on Friday. He will be extradited to New Zealand. He was taken to court before Brisbane Magistrate on Saturday and was sent to remand till October 31st.
The police said that he is a part of a syndicate that took payments from the passengers and promised them to send them to Indonesia. They also promised them accommodation and transport. However, the boat carrying hundreds of people sank in the international waters before they could reach the destination. According to the police, he will be presented in court on 31st October.